Control Panel Technician: Tri-Cities Office
Holaday-Parks’ Control Panel Technician is responsible for the assembly of Building Automation Systems (BAS) Control Panels to be installed on customer sites. The Technician represents our organization to our customers, other contractors, fellow employees, and our community in a professional manner. They are fully capable of working independently, will have a fundamental understanding of electrical schematic and ladder diagrams, and can proficiently use small electrical hand tools.
Potential Career Path
The Controls Panel Technician position is an entry-level position with a path to Panel Shop Lead, Controls Field Technician, and/or Programmer.
- Follow control drawing schematics and schedules for installation and troubleshooting of wiring/devices.
- Fabricate panel back plates to accommodate controllers, controlled devices, wiring, power supplies, etc.
- Identify wiring and control drawing errors and provide feedback to controls design engineers for revisions.
- Track usage and maintain sufficient inventory of control panel consumable materials.
- Recognize any potential issue at the start of any project to prevent cost overruns and delays.
- Work with hand tools and power tools and maintain safe and operable conditions.
- Receive, inventory, and manage material designated for project onsite delivery.
- Assist BAS Project Managers, Programmers, and Field Technicians with project support tasks.
- Serve as a BAS Project Material Runner as needed.
- Control Panel Technicians may support multiple projects. Travel to various sites is required.